Monday, February 1, 2016

Happy 100th Day of School!

Hi all!  I hope everyone had a fabulous last week of January!  Mine was very fun, but very exhausting!!  Like an in bed by 6pm kind of exhausting!  #teacherprobs, right?

It was a very eventful week in our classroom!  One of the most awesome things happened--last Monday my class was featured on the local news!  The reporter heard we do Flexible Seating in my classroom and wanted to do a story on it.  He called at 8am and asked if he could come to my class to which I said of course!  He was there by 9am and we were on the 6pm news that night!  Talk about spur of the moment!  But my students LOVED it  :)  I will be writing a more detailed post about how our flexible seating is working in the near future!

Another fun day this week was the 100th Day of School!  I look forward to this every year because the students have so much fun with it!  And we teachers may have just a little too much fun with it as well.....



I seriously love my work family :)

And not only did the teachers have fun dressing up as 100 year olds, but my students KILLED IT this year in their costumes!


Why are babies/kids dressed up like elderly people SO stinkin' funny to me?!  I couldn't quit giggling the entire day.


But probably the best part is this year I did ALL NO PREP activities!  We prepped for the entire day in less than 10 minutes.  Teacher WIN!

Here's a peek at some of the fun we had!

We did this coloring page for morning work:


Of course the first thing we had to do was make crowns so we could wear them all day!


Some fun writing prompts:

A counting by 10's cut and paste:


One of my favorites--the 100 Part Monster!  This is a great direction following activity and each students' turns out so unique!



We also made some counting by 10's puzzles.  I printed these on cardstock and had the students color and then cut on the lines.  They were so excited to create their very own puzzle!


And the fan favorite--100 Piece Trail Mix!  We just can't have a true 100th day celebration without it!  I pour each of the foods onto small plates and the students come get 10 pieces of each to put on their ten frames.  When their mats are full, we count by 10's to 100 and eat our Trail Mix! 


They also loved getting their wiggles out with the Fitness Challenge!  We crossed off each exercise as we completed it. 
**Side Note:  This teacher is out of shape!!!  :)


We had more to do but we ran out of time!  All of these activities and even more (100 year old costumes excluded) can be found in my 100th Day NO PREP Pack!  Click here to check it out!

And just because you are AWESOME for reading this post, you can also download a few of the sheets for free here!

Have a good week!!   


2 comments:

  1. Love your ideas for celebrating 100 days, especially the fitness challenge and trail mix idea! Thanks so much for the freebie!

    Laura
    www.discoveringhiddenpotential.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete

 


Blog Design By: The Cutest Blog on the Block