Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Tour of My Zebra Print Classroom--and Freebies!

Hello!  I am so excited to show you my classroom!  I LOVE looking at other people's classrooms for ideas and inspiration!  I still have many things on my list of 'to-do's' but who doesn't, right??  I add a little more every year, and I am loving it!

If you can't tell by my blog design, I love bright colors, zebra stripes, and sparkles!  :)  The zebra is not only fun, but has a sentimental value to me....my grandmother became obsessed with zebra stripe decor in the years right before she passed away so it was something we shared.  I also believe she is a large part of where I inherited my love of children from, so I feel like a piece of her is in my room with me every day.  Hopefully I am making her proud!

So without further ado, let me take you on a tour of....




Here is the view when you first walk into my room:




Immediately to the right is my little 'teacher area', including my favorite piece in the room--my filing cabinet!  :)




A view of the board by the carpet area--up top is the birthday chart, below has our calendar, my 100's chart, my ABC Chart and my Daily Word Work.  Yes, this is still an ugly non-functional chalkboard...I have been asking for white boards for years and am supposed to finally get them this year--cross your fingers for me  :)

(If anyone knows where I can get a neon color or black place value chart, please let me know!  The red sticks out like a sore thumb in my classroom!)

Underneath are my classroom rules--I love how simple they are!  We recite these at the beginning of every day.



Turning around, the shelf where we keep our table supplies....



You can grab the table number labels for free here.

And my 2nd favorite part of the room--my small group table!  I LOVE crate seats!  Can you say storage??  Not to mention how cute they are and the fact that the kids love sitting on them!



Here is a view of my ABC Chart and Word Wall (on our coat closet doors).



And on the opposite wall, my number chart:




On the back wall, our mailboxes:


And color and shape posters:




I made poms to display table numbers:



I FINALLY got my classroom library organized last year with a system that works!  I got the labels from KinderCraze--they are great!



(and yes, that ONE blue basket drives me CRAZY!)  But I can't find these baskets at our Dollar Tree anymore!  :( 

My helpers are super simple this year and it is working perfectly:

Instead of a bazillion jobs, I just have 2 'Teacher's Assistants' each day and I call on them to do any task we need.  We have a 'Substitute' in case one of my Assistants are gone.  I then have a table helper at each table.  If you want to try it, you can grab this for FREE here!



If you like my Zebra Decor, I offer a GROWING BUNDLE in my TPT store!  This means that after you purchase, any other items I make will be added and you can re-download for FREE!  Yay!  I also have other decor options in my store such as chalkboard, dots, etc.



Whew!  If you made it all the way through this post, THANK YOU for checking out my classroom!  I would love to hear what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Blog Design By: The Cutest Blog on the Block