Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hump Day Humor! Round 2!

Happy Hump Day!!

I could not be more excited that today is Wednesday---that means tomorrow is Thursday, which is our last day of school before SPRING BREAK!!  Wahoo!!  This teacher needs it!

If you read my first Hump Day Humor post (here), I explained in detail about my new weekly posts.  The point is to spread teacher cheer to all!  :)

Ok, that sounded a little corny...but really though, teaching can be tough.  So instead of curling up in the fetal position under a desk (you know you've done it before), let's choose to laugh our stress away instead.

There are many moments this week that made me smile or laugh out loud (literally).  Here are my Top 5!


We have been learning about St. Patrick's Day, so two of my funny moments have to do with that:

1.      When we were discussing St. Patrick's Day, we talked about things we think of as being associated with St. Patrick's Day (shamrocks, leprechauns, rainbows, green, etc.).


One student (one of my most innocent sweetie pies) raises his hand.

Student:  'I know something else to do with St. Patrick's Day.'
Me:  'What's that?'
Student:  'I always see people on their porches drinking beer.'

Well.....that does go along with St. Patrick's Day festivities I suppose....


2.   I love kid writing.  This was made for our St. Patrick's Day bulletin board:




'I would go to the store and buy a girlfriend.'  

He was very serious about this. 
I'm not sure it's that easy kiddo...

(This activity is part of my St. Patrick's Day Pack.)

3.   Speaking of hallway hangings, we made Cat in the Hats to have up for conferences.  We had the students respond to the prompt at the end of the story where it asks, 'What would you do if your mother asked you?'


The problem is most of mine said they would lie!!!  So I had a bulletin board up for all parents to read that was their kids saying what lies they would make up.

At least they were honest about the fact that they would lie....?

 'The cat broke in that is what I would say.'

My favorite response came from a student in my teaching partner's room though:



'I would tell the truth because so I do not get a whippin.'

Excellent reasoning!

(I made the writing prompt, but the cute Cat in the Hat crafts are from First Grade Blue Skies!)


4.  This literally made me LOL and say Amen at the same time:



I think it is so funny cuz it's true!  Story of my life!



5.  And finally, this is probably tied with #1 for my favorite funny of the week!  This one is also from one of my teaching partner's students.  

We have had caterpillars in our rooms, so we have been observing them and keeping Daily Butterfly Journals.

Here is what this little girl observed on Day 12: 

'I saw a caterpillar poop.'

I cracked up when I saw this!  What an observation.  And the illustration kills me.  Too stinkin funny.

(These journals are part of my Butterfly Unit.)


Well there you have it, my favorite funny stories for the week!  I hope they made you smile!  I would love to hear yours in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Blog Design By: The Cutest Blog on the Block