Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The First Ever--Hump Day Humor Post!

Hello everyone!

So I don't know about you all, but I LOVE to laugh!  If I meet someone that can make me laugh, we are probably best friends in about 10 seconds flat. 

It is also what makes working with children every day so fun--you truly never know what one of them is going to do or say!

Laughter is honestly what gets me through most days, especially the tough ones.  Some days it seems your only two choices are to either laugh or cry (I can't be the only teacher that has these days right??).  Well, I choose to laugh!  Most days anyway..... we have all had a mental breakdown or two  ;)

I remember my first year of teaching when all these CRAZY things were happening (it was quite the first year--I got broken in quickly!!).  All the veteran teachers at my building were tell me I needed to get a spiral notebook and write all of these hilarious things down.  Some even said I should write a book!  I remember thinking it was a great idea, but with the chaos surrounding me I never got around to it.  I figured I'd remember it all--it was so crazy and hilarious how could I forget right??  Well several years and hundreds of kiddos later, your memory does tend to fade.  I now wish I had started that journal!

Sooooo....along comes this blog!  My first reason for starting this blog was to share ideas and connect with other educators.  My second was to share the daily humor that is teaching (hence the name)!  I want to make people smile, laugh, and most of all remember why we love teaching!

And so each week, I will be doing a Hump Day Humor post where I will be featuring the Top 5 things that made me laugh in the past week!  These could be things that happened to me/my co-workers, things students did/said, funny memes.....I really am not limiting it--whatever made me (and could make you!) smile!

I thought Wednesday would be the perfect day for these posts--I know I personally need a pick me up around Wednesday/Thursday for that little push to make it through the rest of the week.

So without further ado, here are my Top 5 Funnies for this week!


Number 1:


So this was totally me last Friday and my kids definitely noticed (I normally rock that mascara/bronzer in the car on the way to work look--sexy, I know.)  That day I had full makeup, curled hair, and a cute outfit on.  In my defense, it wasn't just for pictures--I was headed straight to the Blake Shelton concert after school that day.  (Which was amazing BTW!!)

The first student that walks in my room that morning looks at me with his head cocked to one side and stares.  After a few seconds:

Student:  'Miss Murphy, you look pretty.'
Me:  'Well, thanks bud, that's nice to hear.'
Student:  'Today.'
Me:  'Oh, so only today?'
Student:  'Yeah.'  *Walks away to go hang up backpack*
Me:  *Sad face*  'Oh.'

If you ever need a confidence boost (or reality check), talk to a 5 year old!


Number 2:


Speaking of picture day, check out this guy's pic day outfit--new glasses, tie, and shoes.

 

2 Words:  Stud.   Muffin.  I could not help but smile every time I looked at this little cutie that day.



Number 3:


As I'm tying this kiddos shoes:



'Miss Murphy, when you tie my shoes you make it really tight.  Then when I get home, my mom can't get them undone so it makes her say bad words.'

I might make just myself a Brag Tag for 'Mad Shoe Tying Skills.'



Number 4:


During our MLK/President's Day studies, I had to touch on what it meant to be 'assassinated' or to 'pass away'.  We talked about what happened to each of the president's we studied, and what was the difference between the two terms.

Apparently this lil guy needs a refresher:

Student:  'Miss Murphy, can I tell you something.  It's kind of sad.'
Me:  'Sure, buddy, what's up?'
Student:  'My dog got assassinated last night.'
Me:  *stunned, trying to hold back laughter*  'Ohhhh, do you mean your dog passed away last night?'



Number 5:

 
And finally, when your caterpillars unexpectedly arrive weeks early--so you have to rearrange lesson plans on the fly and teach the butterfly life cycle in February!  Sorry Dr. Suess, you had to be bumped!

It may still be winter outside, but inside room 6, spring is blooming!  :)


Nothing like scrambling around on a Friday trying to get your butterfly unit ready for Monday!


I hope you got a good laugh or at least a giggle from this post!  I would LOVE to hear your funnies from the week in the comments!

Until next Hump Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Blog Design By: The Cutest Blog on the Block